Microsoft has pushed their first ever update for Windows Phone 8 tonight to the HTC 8X international version and it comes with some important additions to the mobile OS. As first reported by WPCentral, a slew of features have been implemented related to the text messaging experience.
The update is codenamed Portico, oddly enough, and is a first peak and what can possibly be coming to the Nokia Lumia 920 in the next firmware update.
What we know so far:
- SMS drafts is now possible in this Windows Phone 8 update
- SMS call reject is now possible from call screen with 2 preset custom messages available
- Mark-All conversations in Messaging inbox for batch deletion
- Persistent WiFi option — it stays connected even when the screen is locked
- Bug fixes, HTC 8X rebooting issue
Check out this video published by WPCentral showing off the new updates:
No official comment on this update has been released by HTC and there is no timetable when this update will hit other Windows Phone 8 devices.
Read more at WPCentral.