Here’s another one of our side by side comparisons that you love so much. This time we have the Nokia Lumia 900 and the Lumia 800. The Lumia 900 was announced earlier this week at CES and will be coming exclusively to AT&T in March. Both of these devices are powered by Windows Phone and fit into the high-end smartphone market.
Before we go onto the photos, let’s first take a look at the specs.
Nokia Lumia 900 vs. 800 specifications
- Screen: 900 has a 4.3″ screen, 800 has a 3.7″ screen. Both have 480×800 resolution, so the 800 might look sharper.
- Size: The Lumia 900 is 127.8×68.5×11.5mm, 800 is 116.5×61.2×12.1mm. Turns out the Lumia 900 is .6mm thinner than the Lumia 800.
- Camera: Both have the same camera on the rear, but the 900 is the only one with a front-facing camera.
- The Lumia 900 is compatible with AT&T’s 4G LTE network. The Lumia 800 is currently available in Europe and will be sold unlocked in the US soon.
- Same body style and both devices made of a poly-carbonate material.
- Both devices have a 1.4GHz processor.
Now let’s get to the good stuff!
Just like I mentioned in my Nokia 900 vs. Samsung Galaxy S2 gallery (which is awesome if you haven’t seen it), this 900 is a prototype. Some very small details might be a bit different on the finished version like cleaner edges and product name placement.
Nokia Lumia 900 vs Lumia 800 Photos
Lumia 900 in cyan color
The top of the Lumia 900 is different than the 800. On the Lumia 800 the charging port is located under a door next to the audio jack. The 900 has it open and exposed, making it easier to charge in the car or when using external charges in your pocket.
Both devices are smooth around the sides and the button layout is the same. You have a dedicated camera key, lock button, and volume rockers.
If you look closely you’ll noticed the Nokia Lumia 900 has a flat screen, unlike the 800 which has a curved-glass screen.
This angle makes the Lumia 900 look much larger than the 800. It doesn’t seem like this much of a difference when you see them in person. Also take note that the flash placement on the 900 is just above the camera lens while the 800 has it to the right.
I was also lucky enough to get some time with Vance Kim, the Product Marketing Manger for the Lumia 900. Watch the chat we had where we discuss the Lumia 900′s battery, flash placement, availability, WiFi Hotspot, and compare it side by side with the Lumia 800. This can also be called Lumia 900 hands-on video since we held the device often!
Enjoy the rest of the gallery!
Thanks to the Nokia Lumia 900 product manager Vance for your time and the entire Nokia Connects team for the interview!
Find the best price on Nokia Lumia 900 at our deals page!